You May Like

Subscribe to RSS through Email:

Enter your email address:

Home arrow Forum
VivoCiti Online Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: quick observations
N6REJ ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
quick observations 16 Years ago Karma: 0  
just dl'd the program along with it's plug-ins. I have a few observations/comments... It seems to be mainly designed as a templating program. If this isn't the case then it needs to change its "perspective" as the type of "item" is created... for example, if I'm making a joomla plug-in then i want a list of joomla envirorment variables and such on the left, not template commands.
Secondly when filling out the wizard it should take some of the information ( like author, date, etc ) from preferences or todays date ( for date for example ) or give me a calendar so I can pick a date.
Next SVN ability
lastly and maybe as importantly, list the types of event I want to use in the case of system plug-in for example, I should be able to choose the particular event i'm looking for so it can better write the code.
Looks like a good concept though.
oh yeah, incorporate the plug-ins into the base code so they don't have to be individually installed.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sunwu ()
Re:quick observations 16 Years ago Karma: -1  
Hi,

thanks for this constructive feedback...wow...long observations

That's right. YouCMSAndBlog early and mainly design is for CMS and Blog themes & template usage.

That is also to answer your q why I didn't bundle plugins together with YouCMSAndBlog main distribution, cause user who is only interested with theme/template design won't bother to download those plugins. Only developer who interested with certain plugin will download those specific plugin.

About ability to select "System", "Content"....I m not sure if you re referring to Joomla Mambot plugin ? If yes, the feature is inside already. You may check the article about this YouCMSAndBlog IDE's plugin.

Anyway, I think you make many good points & I will consider it to have for next YouCMSAndBlog IDE.

again...thanks..

N6REJ ()
Re:quick observations 16 Years ago Karma: 0  
there's also some "basic" errors on the created file when using the plugin creator... it doesn't create "valid" 1.5.2 code. Things like "#__mosbot" There is no such thing in J! 1.5.x anymore... its #__plugins etc....

Re:quick observations 15 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 1  
hi N6REJ, thanks again.
yes, you re right. YouCMSAndBlog Joomla Mambot plugin is still not as stable as Joomla Module plugin itself in term of support for Joomla 1.5.1 or 1.5.2

I will incorporate this fixes in a future release.

Go to top Post Reply