You May Like

Subscribe to RSS through Email:

Enter your email address:

Home
VivoCiti Online Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Component, Module or Plugin?
1tech ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Component, Module or Plugin? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi All,

I download YouCMSAndBlog WYSIWYG IDE and module and plugin wizards.

I want to create something to enhance the Joomla feed functionality. More specifically to add some additional output in the atom renderer. This is one part of what I want to do to enable Push rather than Pull (Poll) functionality to the feed(s) using the new PubSubHubbub protocol. So my question is what is the correct Joomla item to create to interact with the core framework? The file I want to change by incorporating some Admin UI variables i.e. hub url addresses, is located in libraries/joomla/document/feed/renderer/atom.php

As this file is already present in the core Joomla distribution what is the correct technique here please? Is one meant to include ones own version of the above file with same name in a module distribution so that install replaces the original one or is there a way to overide reference to the original one in favour of one installed within the module directory structure? If indeed a module is the correct item to develope.

Any help much appreciated, this is my first time attempting to develop for Joomla. I have managed to create a module which at the moment is a duplicate of mod_syndicate except I have a couple of extra parameter fields, an enabler yes/no and hub address(es) field.

Kind regards
Justin

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
YouCMSAndBlog Module Generator Wizard Plugin
Go to top Post Reply